Spiritual discernment is important when it comes to praying against witchcraft attacks. The spiritual warfare attacks against you are often referred to as "witchcraft attacks." Witchcraft attacks have nothing to do with Wicca, New Age mysticism, or the religion of witchcraft. All these are forbidden according to the Word of God.
"For all that do these things are an abomination (meaning vile, loathsome, and disgusting) unto the Lord" (Deuteronomy 18:12). In this context, witchcraft refers to the spiritual force that Christians experience when they are under demonic attack.These kinds of spiritual attacks are characterized by great confusion, wanting to give up and quit, and depression.
At other times, some people release witchcraft assignments through the power of words or by controlling actions. For example, the spirit of witchcraft is a master at diverting attention away from itself by turning it toward you. Witchcraft even separates and isolates its victims from friends and family. One who is being spiritually attacked often feels the loss of personal identity and self-esteem. Depression and fatigue can follow as the controller, like Jezebel, gives abnormal attention to those it desires to manipulate.
Let's look at some other examples of spiritual witchcraft attacks.
I already mentioned confusion, but this one is just as bad. Witchcraft attacks drain strength and energy. Fatigue is often experienced during a witchcraft attack. Witchcraft attacks drain the life right out of you. When attacked, you feel tired, depressed, oppressed, and fatigued. You can take vitamins, exercise, and run five miles, and it still doesn't help. Have you ever noticed how many people arrive at work exhausted?They have three cups of coffee in the morning just to begin work. Could some of them be suffering from a witchcraft assignment?
Others feel sad, sleep all the time, and feel trapped in depression and can't get out. What I once thought was simply stress-related is now strongly suspected to be a sign of demonic assignments.There have been times, for example, when I was feeling extremely stressed, boarded a plane, left the city's territorial limits, and felt the fatigue lift. I am not ruling out the effects of stress, but if you know the fatigue is not medical or stress-related, could it be witchcraft's assignments?
Other times, I was rested, in good health, bills paid, and everything was fine, but I was exhausted.Other times, after preaching on topics such as Exposing Spiritual Witchcraft, What Is a Jezebel Spirit?, Spiritual Warfare Prayers, Ahab The Provoker, Five-fold Ministry Gifts, Religious Spirits, or Beware Charismatic Merchandisers, I have to fight spiritual retaliation.You, too, have probably experienced demonic retaliation. Such demonic assignments should never stop you from following the leading of the Holy Spirit to minister on a particular topic or just do what is right.
Here are some questions to ask to determine if witchcraft was directed at you.These will help you start thinking.
- When you are in prayer, do you get sick or have headaches?
- Have you ever gotten sick after a confrontation with someone who was spiritually contending with you?
- Do you feel tired when you shouldn't?
- Are your emotions on a roller coaster?
- Do you suffer from depression?
- Have you experienced spiritual retaliation against you?
- Do you have much warfare in your mind?
Witchcraft attacks originate from somewhere because of the actions of somebody. Words spoken to you, for example, can release demonic assignments that attack your life. Sometimes witchcraft attacks come from people you know who are controllers. Controllers—you know who they are—will waste your time. What these witchcraft controllers do is spend abnormal amounts of time with their victims.
- The girl that consumes all her friends' spare time
- The boy that smothers his girlfriend with inordinate attention
- The father who picks his son up on his day off because of reoccurring emergencies
- The husband who keeps his wife so busy that she has no time for anything else
- The believer who wants to meet with the pastor each week to talk about the same old, same old
- The teacher who drowns the student with excessive tutoring
- The mother who won't let her adult children make decisions without checking with her
- The friend that never goes home
- The boss that continually has you in his office to sit and listen
- The Bible study teacher who won't let you study the Bible for yourself
Witchcraft will go out of its way to control and waste your time. It is not a natural thing; it is a spiritual thing. Scripture says, "Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbor's house, lest he be weary of you and so hate you" (Proverbs 25:17). In the local church, we can sometimes (but not always) see the spirit of witchcraft operating through the person who wants to hold a deep spiritual conversation with you or the pastor right before the service starts.
Here are some more questions to help you identify if witchcraft has been directed at you.
- Is there anyone who spends abnormal amounts of time with you, either in person or on the telephone?
- Does someone always want or need your time, especially when you should be at church?
- Have you ever noticed the person who wants to have a spiritual conversation with you during the most reverent time of a church service?
- Do you feel like you cannot even think on your own after being around this person?
When controllers get caught, they try to divert your attention away from them.
I am sure you have seen this diversion in action. Witchcraft is a master at diverting attention away from itself by turning it toward you. It makes others think that you are the one with the problem. You are not! People operating in witchcraft are masters at taking the focus off of them whenever they are about to be discovered. They shift blame rather than accept responsibility for their mistakes.
Those operating in witchcraft think they never do anything wrong. When caught, they say there is nothing to repent for. They tell you directly, "I have not done anything wrong." Alternatively, "I did what I thought was right." "I do not have anything to feel sorry for." They never manifest any true repentance or humility. Whatever humility they may present is false, fake, and used only as a tool to manipulate you some more. Superficial repentance is a common witchcraft deception. Beware of their motives, because witchcraft never examines itself.
Here are some more questions to think about:
- Does anyone make you feel that everything is your fault when you know it is not?
- Do you know someone who feels like they have not done anything wrong after they have abused you?
- Do they always blame their problems on you?
- Have people told you they were sorry, but you knew they were not?
As already said, controllers operate in witchcraft and often have no idea what they are doing. You can sometimes spot a pattern among these people because they do things like seek legitimate fronts to hide their agendas. The spirit of witchcraft seeks a legitimate front. To look good, those operating in witchcraft surround themselves with men and women of character. They try to associate themselves with honest people and others with good reputations in an attempt to make it look like they are part of that group. Simon, a sorcerer, for example, joined Philip's ministry team in Samaria (Acts 8). The apostle Peter discerned Simon's motives and rebuked him.
Witchcraft uses soul ties to control its victims. Have you ever heard the word "soul ties"? Well, that is what witchcraft wants to create with its victim. They can form a soul tie with you if they can hook your emotions.If they can form a soul tie with you, then they can control you. All abnormal soul ties need to be broken by the power of the Name of Jesus. There are natural and abnormal soul ties.
A natural soul tie could be formed if you were involved in a plane crash, landed on a remote island with several survivors, and helped each other endure. The result of that accident could lead to positive emotional bonding with the others. That is a healthy bond because everybody successfully went through a great trial together.
When you have sexual relations with someone, there is a soul tie (emotional bonding) that develops because two fleshes become one (Genesis 2:24). Sexual relations in marriage generate a healthy soul tie, while sexual relations outside of marriage create unhealthy soul ties.
I know of times when people have lost their children through some unfortunate accident. Just being there with them has formed an emotional soul tie. In essence, there are some good soul ties that bring stability into a person's life to help them get through something. Then there are soul ties used solely for the purposes of manipulation, control, and selfish gain.
Take a look at these questions.
- Have you ever been emotionally bonded with someone who used that bonding to control or manipulate you?
- Have you met the person who tries to make himself or herself look important through the use of other people's reputations?
- Do you feel like you cannot make personal decisions without asking this person first?
- Do you know anyone who insinuates they are part of an organization through namedropping?
There are many other examples of spiritual warfare attacks we could share, but this is a good start. I try to write from my personal experiences in the "Jonas Clark Revolutionary Review Newsletter" and show you what the Holy Spirit taught me from the Word of God.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark -STAY INFORMED
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW