We can know much about the Pentecostal movement by looking at the books that were written by authors from 1900-1948.
1. Charles Parham, founder of the Pentecostal movement in the U.S., wrote 'The Everlasting Gospel' in 1900.
2. William Durham preached and wrote "The Finished Work of Calvary' in 1902.
3. Daniel Warner: Started the Apostolic Faith Church and wrote 'The Holy Spirit in the New Testament' in 1904.
4. Alexander Boddy, founder of the British Pentecostal Fellowship, wrote 'The Pentecostal Movement in the 20th Century' in 1905.
1. Maria Woodworth-Etter, an evangelist for the Pentecostal faith, wrote many books, including 'The Move of the Holy Spirit in the Last Days' in 1908.
2. Emmette Chilingullah was a missionary to the Cherokee Nation and wrote 'The Pentecostal Faith of the Cherokees' in 1912.
3. Ambrose Joy: Baptist minister who experienced the Pentecost revival and wrote several books, including 'The Way of Pentecost' in 1910.
4. William Houghton preached and wrote 'The Moving of the Holy Spirit in the 20th Century' in
1. Glenn Cook, a Methodist minister, was one of the earliest to support the Pentecostal movement and wrote 'The Pentecostal Movement: Its Origin and Its Work' in 1914.
2. Robert E. McAlister preached extensively around the country and wrote 'The Pentecostal Power and the New Testament Church' in 1915.
3. John G. Lake preached and wrote 'Legions of Heaven' in 1918.
4. Smith Wigglesworth: One of the most influential Pentecostal evangelists of the time, he wrote 'The Secret of His Presence' in 1919.
1. A.J. Tomlinson, founder of the Church of God, wrote 'Prayer in the Spirit' in 1923.
2. William Durham wrote 'The Giving of the Holy Spirit and Healing' in 1926.
3. Robert Partee preached and wrote 'The Gifts of the Spirit in Church History: The Holiness Beacon' in 1927.
4. Aimee Semple McPherson, a preacher and popular radio speaker, wrote 'This is That' in 1927.
1. Thomas Ball Barratt was a Pentecostal pioneer in Norway and wrote 'Woman in the Pulpit' in 1930.
2. James C. Watson wrote 'The Gospel as a Way of Life' in 1931.
3. John Alexander Dowie, founder of the Christian Catholic Apostolic Church, wrote 'Healing: Its Methods and Manifestations' in 1933.
4. John G. Lake wrote 'The John G. Lake Treasury: Sermon Notes' in 1936.
1. J. Roswell Flower wrote 'The Power of the Spirit in the Church: The Pentecostal Experience' in 1938.
2. Demos Shakarian was the founder of the Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship and wrote 'Healing and the Scriptures' in 1941.
3. F.F. Bosworth was a prominent evangelist in the Church of God and wrote 'Christ the Healer' in 1943. 4. Robert McAlister wrote 'The Great Physician of Patmos: An Exposition on the Ministry of Healing in the Church Today' in 1944.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW