Surrounding yourself with the right people is a crucial aspect of your life because the company you keep greatly impacts your thoughts, actions, and ultimately your journey.
As a disciple of Christ, it is important to recognize the power of influence and to intentionally choose the people you allow into your inner circle. The Bible provides you with numerous verses that emphasize the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people.
Let's explore seven key scriptures that highlight the benefits and consequences of the company you keep. These verses serve as a reminder to be intentional in your relationships and to seek wise and positive companionship.
1. Proverbs 27:17: "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." This verse emphasizes the importance of having good friends and companions who will challenge and encourage you to become a better person.
2. 1 Corinthians 15:33: "Do not be deceived: 'Bad company ruins good morals.'" This verse highlights the negative influence that can come from being around the wrong kind of people. Surrounding yourself with the right people is crucial to keeping yourself on the right path and maintaining good morals.
3. Proverbs 13:20: "Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm." This verse reminds you that the people you choose to surround yourself with will greatly impact your wisdom and well-being. It is important to choose friends and companions who will positively influence you.
4. Proverbs 12:26: "The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray." This verse emphasizes the importance of being intentional and selective with the people you allow into your life. The company you keep can either lift you up or lead you astray.
5. Proverbs 18:24: "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." This verse reminds you that it is better to have a few reliable and loyal friends than many who cannot be relied upon. The people you surround yourself with should be trustworthy and have your best interests at heart.
6. Ecclesiastes 4:9–10: "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. If either of them falls down, one can help the other up." This passage highlights the importance of having supportive and dependable friends who can help you in times of need. Surrounding yourself with the right people means having a strong support system.
7. Proverbs 22:24–25: "Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare." This verse warns you about the danger of being around people with negative attitudes and behaviors. Surrounding yourself with the right people means avoiding those who may lead you down a destructive path.
In summary, the Bible emphasizes the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people through various verses. These scriptures serve as a reminder for you to be intentional in your relationships and to seek wise and positive companionship.
Proverbs 27:17 reminds you that good friends encourage and challenge you to become better individuals. 1 Corinthians 15:33 warns you about the negative influence of bad company on your morals. Proverbs 13:20 highlights the impact of wise companions on your wisdom and well-being, while Proverbs 12:26 emphasizes the need to choose friends carefully to avoid being led astray.
Additionally, Proverbs 18:24 reminds you of the importance of reliability and loyalty in your friends, and Ecclesiastes 4:9–10 emphasizes the support and assistance you can receive from having the right people in your life.
Finally, Proverbs 22:24–25 cautions you against associating with people who have negative attitudes and behaviors. These scriptures serve as a reminder to surround yourself with people who will uplift, support, and positively influence you in your journey of faith.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW