Making the right choices is crucial for living a fulfilling and purposeful life. According to the Bible, the foundation for making the right choices lies in seeking guidance from God, applying His truth and wisdom, and considering the consequences of your actions.
These choices not only impact you but also have an effect on future generations. To achieve success and blessings in life, it is important to choose the path of righteousness and follow God's ways. Take a look at these seven scriptures that highlight the importance of making the right decisions.
1. Proverbs 3:5–6: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." This verse emphasizes the importance of seeking guidance from God and following His direction in making choices.
2. Joshua 24:15: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." This verse reminds you that you have a choice in who to serve, but it is important to choose to serve the Lord.
3. Proverbs 14:12: "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." This verse warns against the danger of relying solely on your own understanding and urges you to seek God's wisdom in making choices.
4. Galatians 6:7: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This verse highlights the principle of cause and effect—that the choices you make have consequences, and you must choose wisely.
5. Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." This verse reminds you that your choices affect not only you but also future generations, and it urges you to choose the path of life.
6. Psalm 1:1-2: "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law doth he meditate day and night." This passage emphasizes the importance of choosing to follow God's ways rather than the ways of the world.
7. 1 Corinthians 10:23: "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient; all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." This verse reminds you that although you have the freedom to make choices, not all choices are beneficial or glorifying to God. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider your choices and their impact.
You are a product of the decisions you have made in your life. The right choices have positive outcomes. Wrong choices produce negative outcomes. To make the right choices, you must master the ability to apply the truth. Truth is the foundation that God imparts along with wisdom that the disciple of Christ needs to apply in all his decision-making.
Again, the Bible emphasizes the importance of making the right choices in numerous verses. These include seeking guidance from God, not relying on your own understanding, and considering the consequences of your choices. Your choices not only affect you but also future generations.
Choosing to follow God's ways rather than the ways of the world leads to positive outcomes. To make the right choices, you must rely on God's truth and wisdom. Here are some more examples.
1. Seek God's Guidance: As mentioned in Proverbs 3:5–6, you must trust in the Lord and seek His guidance in all your ways. This can be done through prayer, reading the Bible, and seeking counsel from mature disciples.
2. Apply God's Truth: The Bible is your source of truth and guidance. As stated in Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." By studying and applying God's word to your decision-making, you can make choices that align with His will.
3. Consider the Consequences: Galatians 6:7 reminds you that your choices have consequences. By considering the potential outcomes of your decisions, you can make wise and responsible choices.
4. Seek wise counsel: Proverbs 15:22 says, "Without counsel, plans fail, but with many advisers, they succeed." It is important to seek counsel from other mature disciples who can offer wise and godly advice.
5. Trust in God's Plan: It is crucial to trust in God's plan for your life. Even when faced with difficult decisions, having faith that God is in control and has a plan for you can guide you towards making the right choices.
6. Check Your Motives: Proverbs 16:2 says, "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit." It is important to examine your motives and ensure they align with God's will when making decisions.
7. Don't Lean on Your Own Understanding: Proverbs 3:5–6 also reminds you to not rely on your own understanding but to acknowledge and trust in the Lord to direct your paths. You must be willing to submit to God's guidance and not rely solely on your own thoughts and opinions.
In conclusion, making the right choices is crucial for living a purposeful and successful life. As a Christian, you must rely on God's truth and wisdom to guide you and consider the consequences of your choices. Your choices not only affect you but also have an impact on future generations. By following God's ways and seeking wise counsel, you can make decisions that align with His will and bring blessings and fulfillment into your life. Strive to make the right choices and trust in God's plan for your life.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW