Christian Manifesto For Cultural Change
Christian manifesto for cultural change. Many Christians are not happy with the moral, political, and economic direction of their nation and are looking for solutions. The good news is this, "Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end" (Isaiah 9:7). This means answers are on the way. Let's take a look.
Throughout biblical history, Jehovah has looked for those that carry a different spirit. He found Moses, Joshua, Caleb, Deborah, Elijah, David, Peter, James, John, Paul, and many others. They were His kingdom ambassadors offering a better way of living through truth, peace, righteousness, and individual liberty under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
A kingdom ambassador (kerux) is a person that represents a king to the people of his kingdom. They are his spokesmen and help citizens understand the king’s laws, expectations, and culture. They bring hope to the frustrated, present biblical solutions to problems and model the way for a better life. Sometimes these spokesmen challenge unmoral belief systems and the way people think. They also take exception to reprobate leadership that turn their back on the principles of their king.
A Christian ambassador is also a kingdom revolutionary. A kingdom revolutionary is a disciple of Christ that carries a burning passion for turning their nation back to the leadership of a loving God. Kingdom revolutionaries have a different spirit and want to make a difference with their lives. You are a person with a different spirit and can see what’s happening throughout your nation and want to do something about it. Below are some things we can do to make a difference in our nation.
A MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE
- Stop pursuing political deliverance. Politicians are not the leaders of the Church of Christ. To look to a political leader as apostle, prophet, evangelists, pastor, or teacher, for example, is idolatry. Man ruling over man kingdoms without Christ will never lead to peace and prosperity. “Thou shalt have no other gods (protectors-providers) before me.” (Exodus 20:3)
- The source for wealth, wisdom, and freedom is not found in Washington D.C. government, but through obedience with our God and His Word. “But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto thy fathers, as it is this day.” (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- Five-fold ministry gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers are called to equip believers to make a difference with their lives by advancing Kingdom of God culture throughout society. Leaders must stop doing all the work of the ministry and train others. If you can’t lead through teaching, training, and administrating assignments with accountability get out of the way. “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- The Church is more than a hospital and shelter from the world. It is the seat of governing authority (a governing church with a governing people well able to influence the world), a place to worship, hear from the Holy Spirit, be equipped, empowered, and sent to fulfill purpose in making the world a better place by advancing the Kingdom of God. Christians govern through influence. “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
- Parents stop depending on secular humanists and Jehovah-hating teachers within the government school system to babysit, raise, and educate your children. Their education is your responsibility. Get involved. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
- The Gospel is more than preaching about the cross. Yes, the cross is cardinal, but Christ also preached the gospel of the Kingdom. Christ had two ministries; one was the Lamb of God, and the other was Restoring King. Every kingdom has a culture. Find out what that means. It’s time for Kingdom influence. “Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15)
- God needs men in the battle for righteousness. Thank God for the faithfulness of women, but men must get in their place of spiritual and natural leadership within the family, church, and society. “Now these are they that came to David to Ziklag, while he yet kept himself close because of Saul the son of Kish: and they were among the mighty men, helpers of the war.” (1 Chronicles 12:1)
- Embrace personal liberty. Christians are a royal priesthood of kings and a holy nation. They are not economic or political slaves, but free men and women. Their first allegiance is to Christ the King of kings and Ruler of rulers. It’s time to manifest personal liberty, righteousness, leadership, and marketplace penetration. “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:” (1 Peter 2:9)
- Savings, thrift, and living within one's means are fundamental. The Church and every believer should get out of debt to the mammon kings (Matthew 6:24). Say no to credit card debt, fiscal irresponsibility, economic slavery, and entanglement with their exotic financial instruments. We must stop trying to make money without working. “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” (Proverbs 22:7)
- Stop trying to escape the spiritual warfare that rages against your nation. An escapist mindset must be broken. Jesus is coming back for a glorious Church; not a defeated broken down Church. While you are waiting for his return, don’t hide, occupy. “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:27)
- Avoid compromising with the world’s vain philosophies of men. Submit yourselves to God. Resist evil seducing spirits, demonic teaching spirits, and doctrines of devils. “That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.” (Ephesians 4:14)
- Christians should stop withdrawing themselves from the world and the cultural warfare against the Kingdom of God. How can anyone be salt, light, and a city set on a hill by withdrawing? Put on the full armor of God and fight the good fight of faith. Use your salvation to influence and spread the culture and values of Christianity in the marketplace. “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.” (John 17:15-18)
- Turn the television, radio, and video games off. The dumbing down of our youth is taking place right before our eyes. Resist! “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” (Proverbs 4:23)
- The Church should get back to prayer. Prayer is more than giving God a list of things to do or just soaking on the floor. Prayer is communication with the Father through the Son and ministry of the Holy Spirit.” And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.” (Mark 11:17)
- Spiritual stability, love, power, and a sound mind should be our goal not spiritual flakiness and weirdness within the body of Christ. Fruits, flakes, and nuts should not be allowed to represent our Christ and his kingdom without correction. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- New Age mysticism, angel worship, talking to the dead, merchandising the gospel, ecstasy meetings, practicing sin, orphic experiences over biblical doctrine, strange fire, including Yoga (Yoked with what?), should not be tolerated in the house of God. “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.” (Leviticus 10:1-2)
- Jezebel, her prophets, guards, messengers, protectors, and followers, should repent or be thrown out of Christ’s Church. “Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest (you know she is there but won’t’ deal with it) that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.” (Revelation 2:20)
- Unrepentant homosexuality and lesbianism should disqualify one from ministry in the Church of Jesus Christ. Period. No matter the result of any denominational vote. A majority vote does not void the Word of God. “Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” (Jude 1:7)
- Unscriptural divorces and amoral lifestyles should disqualify people from hosting influential national Christian television and radio programs. Our God shall not be mocked. (Even on 'Christian' television and radio.) “If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre.” (Titus 1:6-7)
- Say no to alcohol and drugs. Both are mind altering. “But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.” (Isaiah 28:7)
- Be a good steward and stop sending donations to celebrity ministries only to support lavish lifestyles. It’s time to rid ourselves from thieving merchandisers and charlatans regardless of their fund raising abilities or national celebrity. “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:13)
- Stop blindly supporting political parties. There is political corruption within both Democratic and Republican parties and the system itself. “Left” and “Right” is often used as artificial devices to bring about controlled change through conflict (hegelian dialectic) by political policy makers. Your solution is to hold everyone in national leadership accountable to biblical principles not political speeches and promises. “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7:20)
- The Rule of Law needs to be enforced equally across the board and especially among Washington Politicians, Lawmakers, Law Enforcement, Bankers, Federal Reserve, IRS, NSA, and Wall Street. “To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.” (Proverbs 21:3)
- Get involved in leadership and the key fields that influence society at every level. From politics, business, finance, law, industry, and education. Nothing should be off limits for Christ to use His people of influence. “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:14-16)
- Check your character and relationships. Are you walking the walk or just talking the talk? “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2 Peter 1:4)
This is a short list (I'm sure you can add to it), but we have to start somewhere. Somehow we have to get back to God. Repentance would be the best place to start followed by a proactive faith. For those of you that think there must be something we can do I salute you. There is. Together we can make a difference.
His Kingdom Come and His will be done!
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW