From dawn to decadence,the kingdom of God is not like the kingdoms of this world. The kingdom of God is not a kingdom of Sodomites, witches, looters, gangsters, thieving bankers, compromising church leaders, Hollywood degenerates, New Age teachers, humanists, warmongers, or self-serving, corrupt politicians, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Galatians 5:19-21; Romans 14:17).
The America we grew up in is changing fast. It’s slipping into moral decay and lawlessness. This change has much to do with many that turned from faith in God to faith in political deliverance from the State. This misplaced trust leads people into a loss of positive social capital, personal liberty and propels the nation into moral bankruptcy and slavery. Jacques Barzun wrote about cultural transformation in his book “From Dawn to Decadence.”
When you gave your heart to Christ, you entered the kingdom of God as a citizen of His government. This means you were freed from the wages of sin and death and now owe your first allegiance to Christ, your king. (The pattern for deliverance from man ruling over man kingdoms to God ruling over man kingdoms is evident in the Bible.) After the children of Israel had been delivered out of the wicked rule of Pharaoh, Jehovah declared,
“I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. “ (Exodus 20:2-3)
The Hebrew word for gods is Elohim meaning protector, provider, deliverer, and healer. It also means the judge of all the earth or supreme magistrate. A magistrate is one that administers the law.
From this verse, we learn some significant foundational truths:
- Christ commands the first place in your life.
- Christ is God, not Pharaoh.
- Christ is the protector, provider, deliverer, healer, and lawgiver.
- Christ’s government is based on His law.
- Christ alone delivered his covenant people out of Egypt, a government that enslaved the children of God.
This verse was the lead into the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:2-17.
- “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
- “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them and rested the seventh day. Therefore, the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
- “You shall not murder.
- “You shall not commit adultery.
- “You shall not steal.
- “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbors.”
The Ten Commandments weave a fabric of core values that socially bond us together within the Kingdom of God. It is these values that are under attack by those that hate Christ (Luke 19:14). For example, the very idea that America’s black-robed Supreme Court Judges would even hear a case to redefine marriage as anything other than between a man and a woman is almost impossible to understand. This reveals the decadent slide in the moral fabric of America’s Christian foundation.
The foundation of every society is found in their values. Values include honesty, integrity, morality, thrift, religion, and family for example. The Founding Fathers said the US Constitution and the framework of our American way of life were dependent on four things: The integrity of marriage, religion, morality, and hard work. Remove these and our nation drifts into something very different.
PREACH THE KINGDOM OF GOD
When Christ called his disciples, he instructed them to preach the kingdom of God (Matthew 10:7). We have the same mandate today. Preaching the kingdom of God gives rise to conflict by opposing forces; nevertheless, the preaching of the kingdom of God also produces moral transformation. Scripture declares,
“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this” (Isaiah 9:7).
When speaking of cultural change we need to know what we have lost and why we have lost it. Only then will it become obvious that there must be a restoration of the kingdom of God and the personal liberty it produces. This is the same message that Christ began preaching at the beginning of his ministry. Scripture says,
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye (change the way you think), and believe the gospel” (Mark 1:14-15).
GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL
Today, there are two significant things the Holy Spirit has been focusing on after salvation. The first is the importance of the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:2). Christ knew what it would take to build a Church the gates of hell could not prevail against. He said, “And you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost has come on you and then you shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8). The other focus is our responsibility as citizen ambassadors of the Kingdom of God. (Ambassadors are the highest ranking representatives of a kingdom.) Christ’s ambassadors let the people of His kingdom know what he expects as well as his blessings for obedience and sanctions toward the rebellious.
Again, the kingdom of God is not like the kingdoms of this world. The kingdom of God is not a kingdom of Sodomites, witches, looters, gangsters, thieving bankers, compromising church leaders, Hollywood degenerates, New Age teachers, humanists, warmongers, or self-serving corrupt politicians, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
As already said, the America we grew up in is changing fast. This is because many have turned from faith in God to faith in political deliverance from the State.
Regardless, I see a change coming!
The Remnant is responding to the voice of the Holy Spirit and are beating their plowshares into swords.
Change is on the way.
Let God arise and His enemies be scattered!
© Apostle Jonas Clark -STAY INFORMED
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW