Walking in the Light: Rejecting the Deeds of Darkness
God is light and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we are Christians and walk in darkness we lie. Children of darkness are like their father the devil and live in darkness because men love darkness more than light because their lifestyle is evil. Everyone that does evil hates the light and won’t come into the light lest their wicked ways be exposed to all.
Apostle John wrote about darkness and light.
“This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:5-7)
If you are walking in darkness stop, repent, and turn toward the light that is in Christ Jesus.
“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.” (John 3:19-20)
DEEDS OF DARKNESS
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. (19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, (20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, (21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:16-21
1. Adultery: Extramarital sex
2. Fornication: Voluntary sexual intercourse between persons not married to each other.
3. Uncleanness: Physically, mentally, or morally unclean.
4. Lasciviousness: Driven by lustful, lewd, and obscene sexual desires.
5. Idolatry: Anything more important than Christ.
6. Witchcraft (pharmakeia): Use of mind altering drugs.
7. Hatred: The emotion of intense dislike.
8. Variance: Disagreement and strife that splits groups.
9. Emulations: Contentious and jealous competitions.
10. Wrath: Intense anger aroused by some perceived offense or injustice.
11. Strife: Lack of agreement and bitter conflict.
12. Sedition: Inciting disruption and resistance with the intention of overthrowing leadership.
13. Heresies: Forming a group around error.
14. Envyings: Jealousy with destructive acts against others.
15. Murders: Intentionally taking the life of another.
16. Drunkenness: Excessive consumption of alcohol.
17. Revellings: Party spirit.
WALK AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT
“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (9) (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) (10) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. (11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather rebuke them.” Ephesians 5:8-11
Learn to walk in the Spirit and hate the darkness of the flesh.
(c) Your partner,
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW