It’s fascinating to watch the kings of Mammon in utter panic, fear and confusion. On Monday October 15th the Dow soared 1000 points but gave it all back by Wednesday with another drop of 733 points. The drops are not over yet! We are on the front side of a recession and bailing out the bankers cannot stop that. The banker bailout was designed to bailout bankers, not you, me and the marketplace.
In Matthew Six Jesus describes two different kingdoms, Mammon and the Kingdom of God, both war against each other. As a Christian you are in a war with Mammon. Mammon is an economic kingdom. Do you know how it functions? If not, how can you be a good steward of God’s blessings on your life? How can you plan your financial future?
Jesus gave us the answer to success in Matthew 6:33 – “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (right causes) and all these things shall be added unto you.” As a Christian you have a covenant with the Father. He will lead you and guide you in all truth and show you how to possess the land.
So how should we prepare for this recession?
1. Get out of debt and stay out of debt. Debt feeds the beast of Mammon.
2. Take on no payments. Pay cash or don’t buy it!
3. Stay away from the Stock Market! In other words, don’t buy stocks! There will be plenty of time for that later. Some listened when I said it at the beginning of the year and some didn’t. Three trillion dollars have been lost already this year. If you know people who want to continue to throw their money away “by not taking action” to get away from the stock market ask them to give their money to the church instead. At least we can feed and clothe some poor people with the money.
4. Consider saving your dollars in another currency like Yen or Swiss Francs. Get diversified and safe. Check out www.everbank.com. for an indexed basket of currencies. The Euro is now in the same category as the Dollar because of the European banker’s bailout and massive fiat monies. Massive! Inflation will hit us after the recession. Learn what a recession means to you. Learn what inflation means to you like higher interest rates, diminished purchasing power of money, higher rents, etc. Inflation will affect you! You can, however, benefit from inflation and protect yourself if you know how. Study God’s Word. Study economics. Start.
5. Tithe (God rebukes the devourer for you.) This is your right as a child of God. Tithing activates the biblical economics of your covenant with God.
6. Most important too, mind your job. Maintaining your job is vital. Get to work early and leave late. Your boss will notice. Do a good job and help your company make money.
7. Keep educating yourself.
At the end of the day you win!
In January the Holy Spirit said this was a year of alignments and opportunities. We are surely seeing alignments and we will also see opportunities too.
Here is a funny video that tries to explain the market meltdown.
To help you study economics here is free .pdf book from the Mises Institute.
This is an introduction to Austrian economics by Dr. Murray Rothbard, “Man, Economy and State”
Let the kings arise,