Jezebel is one of the most dangerous spirits you will come into contact. If you are not careful, this spirit can damage or destroy your relationship with others, your marriage, and ministry. With the rise of social media such as Facebook, we see more and more Jezebel spirits building discipleship groups. The risk for you being ministered to by someone that has a Jezebel spirit is increasing.
The danger is not being able to recognize Jezebel’s characteristics and being lured into her circle of disciples. If you don’t understand how dangerous this spirit is, you need to do some study. The Jezebel spirit is a demonic spirit pretending to be concerned with your wellbeing. Don’t get deceived.
The Bible talks about Queen Jezebel in the Old Testament that was married to King Ahab. Remember Queen Jezebel was wicked and murdered many of God’s prophets. In the New Testament, the name Jezebel comes up again. Obviously, this is not the same person in the Old Testament, but a spirit called Jezebel that appears again. We can learn much by studying the characteristics of a Jezebel spirit. Here is the New Testament Scriptural reference.
"Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." Revelation 2:20-23)
Notice five short descriptions of the Jezebel spirit above. She calls herself a prophetess, teaches, seduces, lives in rebellion, and has a turbulent life.
God called this person a Jezebel. The Jezebel spirit is a demonic prophetic teaching spirit. She likes to have students sit at her table and eat what she prepares. Many times she will form little clicks (groups) of people she can minister to. Most the time, Jezebel’s teachings are not authorized by local church leaders and are used to build her influence in your life, not Christ’s influence in your life.
The Jezebel spirit is a prophetic divination spirit similar to the damsel that Apostle Paul ran into. (That spirit tried to sneak its way into Apostle Paul’s ministry.) The Jezebel spirit is especially drawn to prophetic circles and comes across very spiritual. There is a big difference between spiritual and Biblical. Jezebel is good at hiding her fear and insecurities. She is moody, has a temper, and often has bouts of depression. She loves being fed with personal information about your life and will use that information against you.
The spirit of Jezebel is a seducing spirit. Seduce means to lure or entice away. She knows how to build controlling soul ties by connecting with your hurts, pains, spiritual needs, and hunger to hear a prophetic word from God. The problem with Jezebel is that this demonic spirit will lead you away from the only one that can help you, Christ. Christ is the author and finisher of your faith. Apart from Him, you can do nothing.
Since Jezebel is using social media, we have to make sure we are not drawn into this witch’s web of deception and error. Here are some questions to think about that might help you identify if you are being mentored by someone with a Jezebel spirit.
1. Who is ministering or mentoring you? A mentor is a counselor, teacher, and "trusted" guide.
2. Is this teacher authorized to teach or counsel you by your local church leadership?
3. Where did this teacher come from? Who raised this person up? Who is this person’s pastor?
4. Do you get confused after spending time with this person?
5. Who is this teacher accountable to?
6. Does this teacher isolate you from church leadership? What about your friends or family members?
7. Does this teacher "probe" you for inappropriate and very personal information?
8. Does this teacher give you "directive" personal prophecies?
9. Does this teacher pray manipulative prayers or speak manipulative prophecies over your life?
10. Does this teacher discourage you from having church elders or leaders judge her prophetic words?
11. Does this teacher drop lots of names of credible leaders around you to boost her credibility?
12. Does this person “boast in numbers” such as Facebook likes, subscribers, or speaking engagements?
13. When making important personal decisions, do you feel a need to seek this teacher's approval before acting? When did you start feeling the need to check with her first?
14. Where is this teacher’s ministry located? At church? Her apartment? In the parking lot? On Facebook?
15. Is this teacher in good standing with your local church leadership? Are you sure? Did you ask?
16. Is this teacher married to someone with an Ahab spirit?
17. Does this teacher feed your fears and insecurities?
18. What does this teacher’s past look like? Is it a minefield of busted relationships?
19. Does this person lead you to Jesus for solutions or herself?
20. What kind of people does this teacher draw around them? Are they stable or unstable?
21. Does this teacher suffer from bouts of depression?
22. Does this teacher go into hiding from time to time?
23. Is this teacher often explaining to you the meaning of your church leader's teaching and preaching?
24. Does this teacher have a problem submitting to authority or local church leadership?
25. When you say no to this teacher, does she get upset with you?
26. Does this person prophesy fearful words to you?
27. Does this teacher attack or undermine the authority of local church leadership she doesn't agree with?
28. Have you seen this teacher isolate people from the faith building influence of others?
29. What kind of lasting fruit does this teacher have in her life?
30. Does this teacher tell you they have a “long distance” spiritual covering? Many Jezebels say they have a “spiritual covering.” Jezebel often uses religious coverings to mask rebellion. A spiritual covering is supposed to be one they are accountable to that has the ability to correct them. Jezebel hates correction. Most of these so-called coverings are phony and nothing more than superficial relationships that don’t mean a thing.
This was a short list of questions. What’s the Holy Spirit saying to you? Listen to that still small voice within and discern what’s happening in your life. Is Jezebel your mentor? Scripture says, "Beloved, do not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world" (1 John 4:1).
If you have been drawn into Jezebel’s web of control and manipulation, get out now. Don’t call her back or respond to any of her calls or emails. End that relationship today.
Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW