Demon spirits teach, write books and build schools. There was a time when Canaanite giants built a university city, the “City of Books,” to transmit their anti-Christ culture to the next generation.
The City of Books was destroyed by Jehovah. More on that in a minute. Today the apostolic reformation is sounding the alarm and waking the mighty men against modern teachers of Canaanite type cultures.
The Kingdom of God is exploding. There are a billion more Christians in the world now than there was in 1970, and the fastest growing religion is Pentecostalism. Today there are over 400 million Pentecostals, and there could be more than 1 billion by 2040. Pentecostals are baptized with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues and prophecy. The Apostle Paul asked, “Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?” They had not heard about the Holy Ghost, so Paul laid his hands on them and they were filled with the Holy Ghost, spoke in other tongues, and prophesied (Acts 19).
Jesus had two ministries. The first was the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world (John 1:29). The second was Restoring King (Mark 1:15). The Cross is the most understood and the Kingdom the most misunderstood. Without the atoning blood of Christ, there could be no redemption from sin and without the ministry of Restoring King there could be no restoration of all things.
The apostolic movement is reintroducing the Kingdom of God message. The Kingdom of God message challenges other cultures. The apostolic movement is a model of ministry that is a little bit different than the traditional evangelical Western model of ministry of sola-pastor where the pastor does all the work of ministry, gets people saved, and prepares them for rapture. In contrast, the apostolic model of ministry embraces the Cross, identifies the various gifts of the Holy Spirit within the Disciples of Christ, equips them for the work of ministry, and concentrates on manifesting and advancing the Kingdom of God, and the restitution of all things (Acts 3:19-21).
INVADE, OCCUPY, INFLUENCE
Jesus gave his disciples a certain goal within the Lord’s Prayer. He said, “After this manner, therefore, pray ye: Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:9-10). This prayer was not given as a vain religious chant but as a prayer directive to manifest the Kingdom of God on the earth.
The advancement of the Kingdom of God does not take place without spiritual opposition. Jesus said, “But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you” (Luke 11:20). Casting out devils is descriptive of spiritual opposition against the will of Christ. This demonic spiritual opposition is what Spirit-filled Disciples of Christ call spiritual warfare. Spiritual warfare is not confined to the spirit realm. Spirits teach and write books. The Apostle Paul warned, “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils” (1 Timothy 4:1). Teachings that conflict with the Word of God falls into this “doctrines of devils” definition. Notice too that these doctrines of devils are written by seducing spirits. Some teaching examples would include relativism (no absolute truth), atheism (there is no God), humanism (man is God), statism (the state is God). Other teachings include homosexuality as an alternative lifestyle, alternative lifestyle to what? Paul also warned, “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ” (Colossians 2:6-8).
JUDGE AND WARRIOR
Othniel was the first of many Old Testament Judges and the son of Caleb's younger brother Kenaz. Scripture says, "The Spirit of the Lord came upon him , and he judged Israel. When he went out to war, the Lord delivered Cushan-rishathaim, king of Aram, into his power so that he made him subject. The land was at rest for 40 years, until Othniel, son of Kenaz, died" (Judges 3:10-11).
When it was time to possess the Promise Land, there were two men that stand out, Joshua and Caleb. These men had a different spirit with them. That spirit was the Holy Ghost. These were the warriors of God, full of faith and ready to enter their inheritance. They were the only two spies who advocated conquering the land of Canaan (Numbers 13, 14) when the people of God rebelled and died in the wilderness. When that generation died , t was time to enter. Joshua offered Caleb his pick and he chose the land of the giants (Joshua 14:6-12). Later Caleb offered for marriage his daughter Achsah to whoever conquered Debir. Othniel accepted the challenge, took Debir and wed Achsah. Scholar James B. Jordan calls this, “One of the (most) famous, romantic love stories in the Bible. Here is the testimony.
“And from thence he went against the inhabitants of Debir: and the name of Debir before was Kirjathsepher: And Caleb said, He that smiteth Kirjathsepher, and taketh it, to him will I give Achsah my daughter to wife. And Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother, took it: and he gave him Achsah his daughter to wife. And it came to pass, when she came to him, that she moved him to ask of her father a field: and she lighted from off her ass; and Caleb said unto her, What wilt thou? And she said unto him, Give me a blessing: for thou hast given me a south land; give me also springs of water. And Caleb gave her the upper springs and the nether springs.” (Judges 1:11-15)
CITY OF BOOKS
Debir was a significant city and is important for spiritual warriors to know about. Debir was known as the City of Books. It was the depository of all the cultural teachings of the Canaanites.The City of Books would have housed all the accumulated teachings of a godless society. Bible scholars believe Debir was the major center of learning and culture for all of Canaan. We could say it was like a modern day university town where the giants went to learn.
God's people were warned when they entered Canaan not to walk in their ways and partake of their customs. Let’s take a look.
(1) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(2) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
(3) After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
(4) Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.
(5) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
Now before you feel sorry for the giants of Debir and the loss of so much accumulated knowledge let’s read some of their sexually reprobate customs, “For all these abominations have the men of the land done.”
(6) None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
(7) The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
(9) The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
(10) The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
(11) The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(12) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
(13) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
(14) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
(15) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
(16) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
(17) Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
(18) Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
(19) Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
(20) Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
(21) And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(23) Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
(24) Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
(25) And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
(26) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
(27) (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
(28) That the land spew not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spewed out the nations that were before you.
(29) For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
(30) Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.
The bottom line is the teachings, customs, philosophy, and culture of the Canaanites were to be destroyed and replaced with the Word of God. Jesus said you cannot serve two masters. He declared, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). Spiritual warriors must understand the dangers of modern teaching spirits that have written books, promoted alternative lifestyles, and the values of anti-Christ spirits. These are some of the strongholds that challenge the Kingdom of God.
FIXING WHAT GOD DID NOT DESIGN
Some Christians believe they can change the culture of modern Canaanites yet I’m convinced you can’t fix what God did not design. You can be salt, light, and influence in a dark place but you can’t fix Babylon’s structure. One of the best things a Christian parent or grandparent can do to combat the influence of demonic teaching spirits is to take back the responsibility for educating their children from the state. The state is not charged with the education of Christian children. Today’s public schools and universities are infested with God haters and atheists apologists hell bent on turning your children away from Christ and your parental influence.
As mentioned in the beginning, the apostolic movement of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers are perfecting the saints for the work of ministry and challenging anti-Christ cultures. You can read more about the restoration of all things and your spiritual authority to fight back in my book “Destined for Dominion.” Spirit filled believers like you are rising up all over the world. Today there are over 400 million Holy Ghost filled spiritual warriors and by 2040 there will be over 1 billion. You are part of the fastest growing movement in the world. Let’s have that same courage and apostolic grit of Joshua, Caleb, and Othniel. Let us go up at once for we are well able.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW
 “And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” (Acts 3:20-21)
 Philosophy: Beliefs about how to live or how to deal with a situation.
 “But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” (Numbers 14:24)
 Jordan, James B (1985). Judges: God’s War Against Humanism. Geneva Ministries. ISBN 0-939404-10-9
 Debir was known to the giants as Kiriath-Sepher meaning city of books, scribes, instruction, learning, or branches.
 “For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled.” (Leviticus 18:27)
 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12)
 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5)
 “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:17-18)
 Clark, Jonas (2012). Destined For Dominion. Spirit of Life Ministries. ISBN 13: 978-1-62160-008-4